Product Description: Futura Edge Code Key Machine
The Futura Edge is ideal for inexperienced key cutters thanks to the software guided procedures. The lightweight and small footprint also makes this machine perfect for professional locksmiths offering roadside service. If you customer is in the market for a code machine for edge cut keys the Futura Edge is the right machine for the job.
Built on the successful Futura platform the Futura Edge is designed and engineered to originate, decode and copy edge-cut keys for commercial, residential and automotive. The optional 06V Clamp allows secure clamping of Best type keys. The 06V clamp has a built-in tip stop to allow the user to easily clamp this type of key regardless of the keyway. Jaw A (same as on the 01V Clamp) will be on the opposite side, so this jaw can be used for Best type keys and standard edge cut keys. Simply install the 06V in place of the 01V on your Futura Edge machine using the inner clamp sprint from the 01V and you are ready to go
- Fast cutting cycles thanks to a motor that reaches a speed of 1,500 rpm
- Optical Laser for quick “Copy by Original” or “Decode and Copy” of edge cut keys
- 01V Clamp with 4 jaw positions for holding standard and narrow blade keys, vehicle keys and cruciform type keys.
- Futura Edge is controlled by a removable 10” touch screen tablet, which guides the user step-by-step in all key cutting operations.
- Tablet communicates with the machine via a wi-fi signal generated by the machine.
- Fast start-up and fast response times between the tablet and machine.
- Software features include shortcut function for vehicle key cutting code searches and a key cut preview.
- Two USB ports on the back of the machine; one for tablet recharge and one for the tethering connection so the machine and tablet remain connected and operational even when the wi-fi connection is lost or unstable. The second USB port can also be used to connect the supplied USB flash drive to import code tables or machine software updates.
- Includes mounting bracket.
- Optional 06V Clamp for secure clamping of Best style keys
- Optional Codemaker Software allows users to create their own cards.
- Patented laser reading of the key profile, no need to search for the relevant cutting card.
- Nickel plated, 4-sided clamp with a patented, precise rotation system.
- The color-changing LED lights indicates the status of the cutting process: white – ready to proceed, yellow – process of cutting, green – cutting is complete and it is safe to raise the safety shield.
- Wi-fi link between machine and tablet or the user can tether the tablet directly to the machine.
- Equipped with two USB ports on the back of the machine; one for tablet recharge and one for the tethering connection so the machine and tablet remain connected and operational even when the wi-fi connection is lost or unstable. The second USB port can also be used to connect the supplied USB flash drive to import code tables or machine software updates.
- Optional Code Maker software allows users to create custom cutting cards for standard edge cut keys.
- Fast cutting cycles plus tablet and electronics that deliver fast start up and response times between the tablet and the machine.
- Exposed screws are stainless steel for wear resistance and longevity
- Software interfaces with InstaCode and Kreate-a-Key
- Removable tablet stand can be locked onto the hood of the machine or placed on the counter.
Edge Cut Station
- Duplicate by coping from the original key, indirect code or by direct code.
- Securely clamp standard residential/commercial keys on side A, smaller blade keys from padlocks, cabinets, etc. on side B.
- Dedicated to Automotive are sides C and D (“tongue and groove system”) that allow for proper alignment of two-sided keys; even worn keys can be easily decoded.
- Step-by-Step calibration instructions.
Ease of Operation
- Shortcut function for vehicle key cutting code searches eliminates manual entry. Simply input the first letters and the software will prompt the make the model for your selection.
- Built-in tool/accessory tray on top of the machine
- Multi-language support
- Motors: 24 VDC, 5.5 Amp, 130 W
- Power Supply: 90/264V ac – 50/60Hz
- Tool Speed: 1500 RPM
- Prismatic Cutter: D747276ZR
- Movements: 2 axes (special bushings) driven by step motors on rectified roller guides
- Carriage Runs: Axis X 1.18” (30mm) x Axis Y 1.97” (50mm)
- Dimensions: 12.52” w x 16.26” d x 20.47” h with tablet 13.38” h without tablet
- Weight: 35.5 lbs
- Warranty: 2 years (machine & tablet)
Futura Edge FAQ
Futura Edge Brochure